Thursday, March 05, 2009

Minding my own business, being told how I can surf

Like the subject line says, I was minding my own business. Taking a coffee break, reading up on the latest news on the Internet. Like a good web 2.0'er, I was checking my rss feeds using the cloud based google reader. To be buzz word compatible, I do hope that google reader is services based and built to conform to a services oriented architecture. But I digress.

If you look at the image below, I found a video clip in the GigaOM rss feed of Jon Stewart doing a lampoon of twitter (I think). Why do I think ?

Well the title looks appealing but once I click on the video clip to play it, I get told that I am a canadian and must derive my viewing pleasure elsewhere.

The global boundaryless Internet has boundaries and chinaesque restrictions, filters and controls. We shall see what the future unfolds.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment